The Office of Audit is responsible for conducting and supervising audits relating to the Department of Labor’s programs and operations; recommending policies for activities designed to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in the administration of the Department’s programs and operations; and preventing and detecting fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement in these programs and operations. This position leads data science projects specific to developing business intelligence solutions.Learn more about this agency
1. Uses data mining and analytics (DM&A) techniques that includes heavy reliance on obtaining access to heterogeneous information systems; large, complex databases; supplemental reports, data dictionaries, and information from interviews of subject matter experts.
2. Determines the appropriate software packages and computer programming scripts to use in accessing and exporting data from multiple sources into correctly configured data stores for DM&A use.
3. Independently designs and develops new data requirements and approaches to knowledge discovery to solve known business problems and/or demonstrate patterns, trends, relationships and anomalies of particular interest or concern.
4. Cleans disparate data from multiple sources and formats in preparation for using skills and experience related to computer science, including, but not limited to, using a variety of state-of-the-art programming languages such as JAVA, R, Python, Anaconda, SQL, C++, SAS and customized programming scripts.
5. Takes statistical and computational analyses and turns these into graphs, charts, and animations; create static and dynamic visualizations such as motion charts, digital maps and word maps that clearly show insights from data and corresponding analytics;
6. Writes convincing reports for management on the results of DM&A activities, review the work of others performing similar work and assist others in the use of the DM&A applications, including others using DM&A results in the performance of audits and investigations.
25% or less - May require occasional travel
14 - This position is at the full performance level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614411600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.