As our nation navigates the COVID-19 pandemic, CBP is committed to delivering our mission to safeguard America's borders and enable legitimate trade and travel. Staffing mission critical positions remains a high priority. Be reassured that CBP is still hiring, despite potential hiring process step delays due to restrictions to in-person activities.Learn more about this agency
Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Trade, Office of Regulatory Audit and Agency Advisory Services (RAAAS) located in:
Salary: Salary listed reflects the rest of U.S. scale and, if applicable, will be adjusted to meet the locality pay or cost of living expenses of the duty location upon selection.In this Senior Auditor position, you will be responsible for conducting external audits and other assignments involving some of the most complex accounting systems used by multinational companies importing and exporting merchandise to and from the United States in order to support the mission. This position starts at a salary of $92,143.00 (GS-13, Step 1) to $119,787.00 (GS-13, Step 10) with promotion potential to$119,787.00(GS-13 Step 10).
- Detroit, MI
- Dallas, TX
- Long Beach, CA
- Miami, FL
- New York, NY
- Queens, NY
- Seattle, WA
Typical work assignments include:
- Leading, planning, and coordinating an audit with other DHS/CBP offices and/or outside entities, such as business representatives, while exercising a high degree of autonomy, including assigning audit steps and providing guidance to lower graded auditors and audit team members, reviewing audit documentation and reports to ensure work products meet GAGAS, and RAAAS standards and policies.
- Presenting technical information, such as complex audit findings to a wide variety of audiences. As well as, developing comprehensive written documents and communicating audit results to audit management, and other appropriate parties and stakeholders.
- Conducting research of import and export laws, trade policy, legal rulings, and case law interpretations, and assembling information to develop significant findings.
- Performing risk assessments procedures and assessing internal controls and evaluating the sufficiency and appropriateness of audit evidence to support audit conclusions and determines whether the audited entity represents an acceptable or unacceptable risk to DHS/CBP.
- Employing various audit/analytical techniques to ensure validity and reliability of data. Also, utilizing statistical sampling procedures, identifies universe and sample frames, and projects audit findings with an appropriate confidence level and desired precision.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614160900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.