As our nation navigates the COVID-19 pandemic, CBP is committed to delivering our mission to safeguard America's borders and enable legitimate trade and travel. Staffing mission critical positions remains a high priority. Be reassured that CBP is still hiring, despite potential hiring process step delays due to restrictions to in-person activities.Learn more about this agency
Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Office of Trade, Regulatory Audit and Agency Advisory Services (RAAAS), located in the following locations:
- Boston, MA
- Buffalo, NY
- Dallas, TX
- Long Beach, CA
- Miami, FL
- Seattle, WA
- San Francisco, CA
- Chicago, IL
- San Jose, CA
- New York, NY
- Detroit, MI
- Queens, NY
- Ft. Mitchell, KY
Salary listed reflects the rest of U.S. scale and will be adjusted to meet the locality pay of the duty location upon selection.
Typical work assignments include:
- Serving as a trainee and team member on audits or other assignments of external entities that are importing, exporting, or facilitating the international flow of merchandise into or out of the United States.
- Examining records, books, ledgers, purchase vouchers, inventory receipts and other documents with oversight to determine if transactions are properly supported in accordance with DHS/CBP and/or other Partner Government Agencies (PGA) laws and regulations.
- Documenting work performed, audit conclusions, findings, and recommendations in work papers/audit reports in a clear and concise manner and assisting in communicating findings and recommendations that may impact an auditee's decision to enhance its import/export operating procedures and/or result in penalty or other enforcement actions.
- Ensuring audit program timelines and budgeted hours are met to ensure timeliness of audit completion.
- Preparing audit documentation by recording the information, records, conditions and/or findings on a prescribed format or report; referring unusual or questionable transactions or when problems encountered that do not fit instructions or guidelines to a supervisor or higher-level auditor.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614159700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.