This position is a Supervisory Fish Biologist, GS- 0482-13 working in Lacey, Washington for the Western Washington Fish and Wildlife Conservation Office (WWFWCO).Learn more about this agency
WWFWCO addresses fisheries issues in the Puget Sound, Olympic Peninsula, and Chehalis River Basin of western Washington. WWFWCO is directly tasked with monitoring and evaluating the fish production programs at Quilcene, Quinault, and Makah National Fish Hatcheries (NFHs) including all marking and tagging of fish.
- As Project Leader, the incumbent is responsible for the overall planning and execution of work at the station.
- Oversees hatchery evaluation programs and database maintenance for fish released from those federal hatcheries the WWFWCO is responsible for and identifies when changes are needed.
- Establishes and maintains working relations with fish and wildlife agencies, tribes, and a variety of Federal agencies as needed to accomplish the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's goals and implementation of effective resource restoration measures.
- Supervises applied fisheries studies and monitoring which include the determination of life history characteristics, population size, exploitation, distribution, migration, and fish habitat requirements necessary for optimum survival.
- Provides technical direction on habitat requirements for aquatic species protection in Puget Sound, the Olympic Peninsula, and the Chehalis River basin.
- Prepares plans to meet changes in workload and programs and justifies revisions in deadlines and priorities. Develops and reports estimates of budget requirements.
- Responsible for out-year budgets, planning, oversight and management of all WWFWCO funds.
- The incumbent is required to provide leadership, coordination, and direction both within the Service and with other fishery agencies, tribes, and cooperators.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613072100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.