The incumbent serves as an archivist for the South Florida Collections Management Center (SFCMC), Everglades National Park.Learn more about this agency
Open to the first 100 applicants or until 09/02/2021 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
This is a term position (more than 1 year) with an initial appointment expecting to last at least 13 months but may be extended up to a total of four years, or more based on any changes to regulations governing the number of years term appointments may last, without further competition. Term positions do not convey permanent status in the Federal service.
- Evaluates records, archival, and manuscript collections in adherence with federal records management guidelines. Evaluates records against scope of collection statement and archival appraisal criteria. Recommends specific non-official records for inclusion in museum collection.
- Researches collection provenance, original order, series components, dates, document formats, processes, creators, authenticity, topical content data, legal status, and legal validity of access restrictions and ownership history.
- Conducts baseline condition survey of archival collections and prioritizes collections for treatment or reformatting. Proposes to supervisor recommendations for treatment or reformatting and provides proposed treatment or reformatting inspection criteria.
- Rehouses the park archival and manuscript collections, as needed. Sets up archival storage, processing, work and reference services areas, reading room spaces with good environments, security, fire protection, and supervision.
- Monitors, controls, and maintains the environment for collections, including light, temperature, relative humidity, and air quality, and oversees the integrated pest management program.
- In consultation with the records manager, conducts records surveys in all park structures, and writes collection-level survey descriptions.
- Enters the collection into the NPS automated collections management system. Researches and reviews archival and manuscript collection restrictions, e.g., copyright.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611652500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.