Additional vacancies include - Division of Microbiology (DMID) is currently recruiting a Nurse (Consultant). This position is responsible for the management and operations of clinical studies/trials supported by both grants and contracts. To learn more about DMID, please visit our website: https://www.niaid.nih.gov/about/dmidLearn more about this agency
If selected for the position, you will perform the following duties:
- Serving as a nurse consultant and staff specialist with responsibilities related to the management and oversight of clinical and operational activities that are part of a broad national and international program of clinical trials supported by DAIT.
- Providing consultative and advisory service in healthcare administration, healthcare management, and/or scientific/medical and clinical expertise in the planning and implementation of DAIT-supported studies or other activities (e.g., plans and implements innovative applied/clinical/population research studies, including the evaluation of overall design, objectives, and hypotheses and the identification and resolution of scientific or other issues that might impede a proposed study.
- Participating in the development and oversight of appropriate operating procedures for the review, refinement and dissemination of clinical protocols supported by the Office/Branch/Program. Providing assistance in clinical trial design and implementation and identifying and resolving clinical, ethical and logistical problems and issues that might impede implementation or successful completion of the study.
- Providing operational expertise in the oversight of clinical research, including identification and resolution of clinical monitoring issues, safety oversight issues and day-to-day research management issues.
- Implementing and coordinating a range of individual site-management activities; advising
investigators on clinical site start-up and relevant operational and regulatory issues including resource allocation (both internal and external), personnel management, and administrative issues.
- Coordinating the development of training and clinical research policy standard efforts among the various organizational components of the DAIT clinical research program and assisting with implementation of training and educational efforts;
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609992500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.