The college of International Security Affairs is the Department of Defense flagship institution for the education and the building of partnership capacity in combating terrorism and irregular warfare at the strategic level.Learn more about this agency
This is a Title 10 Excepted Service Appointment. Appointment is not to exceed 3 years with the possibility for extension.
- Serves as the principal advisor to the Provost, National Defense University for education and the building of partnership capacity in combating terrorism and irregular warfare; exercises senior executive direction and leadership over all aspects of the College of International Security Affairs (CISA).
- Builds and sustains educational partnerships with the Office of the Secretary of Defense for Policy (Special Operations/Low-Intensity Conflict), U.S. Government agencies, international allies and other DoD educational institutions and universities.
- Responsible for curriculum development and currency, institutional research, course development, and program accreditation.
- Collaborates with the Office of the Secretary of Defense for Policy (Special Operations/Low-Intensity Conflict) for the worldwide combating terrorism and irregular warfare education portfolio.
- Participates with NDU leadership and provides recommendations on appropriate budget and programming activities for CISA.
- Interacts regularly with NDU counterpart Chancellors and Commandants in support of curriculum development, teaching research, and outreach.
- Serves as the focal point for all CISA combating terrorism and irregular warfare programs, and interactions with external agencies and conducts direct liaison with OSD and the Joint Staff in coordination with the President, NDU.
25% or less - Travel is generally 25% or less for this position
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/605994500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.