Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT (W&I) and SMALL BUSINESS/SELF EMPLOYED (SBSE)DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Uses sophisticated interviewing techniques, the employee reviews individual circumstances and goals, and advises on the most advantageous ways to meet them.
- Elicits sensitive, personal and financial information, e.g., innocent spouse determinations, bankruptcies, or draws out information the individual may attempt to withhold, e.g., additional sources of income, overpayments, to ensure compliance with reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Makes determinations and uses sound judgment concerning controversial matters in reporting as appropriate the degree to which the individual understood their responsibilities and whether errors in their records reflected honest mistakes or fraudulent intent.
- Develops, analyzes and evaluates information involving the research of records and the nature of each inquiry including the way it was presented in order to inform and advise, answer inquiries, or resolve problems related to the unique circumstances of each individual or fulfill regulatory requirements.
- Explains what future actions are necessary to achieve voluntary compliance by computing and/or advising on tax liability and probable assessment of taxes in cases involving: varied sources of income, including self-employment, itemized personal and business expense deductions, or carryover/carry back of capital losses and investment credit from prior years, or comparable issues requiring reference to the tax code and precedent.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/605956800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.