Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the best places to work in the federal government! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Jobs Website.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Communications Officer (OCCO), United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). The individual selected for this Public Affairs Specialist position will…
- Write and edit a wide variety of communications (including press releases, webpages, speeches, talking points, blog posts, and social media posts) for distribution and presentation to the news media, USPTO stakeholders, and the general public.
- Identify the public’s information needs and develop materials that will communicate agency programs to the public at varying levels of comprehensiveness and detail.
- Support the design and implementation of comprehensive, nationwide campaigns to convey information about USPTO programs and initiatives to a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Gather, analyze, and present information for use by higher level specialists in developing communication plans.
- Interact with various members of the media and public with often conflicting and divergent points of view.
- Support the development and maintenance of an extensive list of media contacts in an electronic database.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604207900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.