This position is a Fish Biologist, GS- 0482-9/11 working in Alpena, MI, for the Alpena FWCO, or Ashland, WI, for the Ashland, FWCO, or Columbia, MO, for the Columbia FWCO, or New Franken, WI for the Green Bay FWCO.Learn more about this agency
This position is also open to the public under announcement R3-21-11127041-CO-DE. You must apply to each announcement separately if you wish to be considered under both recruitment methods.
As a Fish Biologist your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and/or participate in the application of various fishery techniques in support of carrying out complex biological studies pertaining to aquatic invasive species early detection and monitoring, native fish and mussel species rehabilitation, and/or aquatic habitat restoration.
- Work with supervisor and biologists to develop and implement studies by contributing ideas, determining methods, establishing sampling procedures and protocols for accomplishing and reporting findings, as well as identifying other needs such as funding, equipment, and personnel.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret biological data in support of cooperative fish and aquatic species population and habitat conservation and management projects and studies.
- Prepare reports on progress and completion of activities and formulate recommendations that guide
future programs and influence the continued conservation and management of federal trust species and the habitats they rely on.
- Present results of projects and biological studies at public and scientific meetings and conferences.
50% or less - You will be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602949600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.