About the Position: This position is located at Fort Hamilton in southern New York City, Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, at the base of the world famous Verrazano Narrows Bridge. It is 20 minutes to mid-town Manhattan. Since Spring 1998, the Fort Hamilton Military Community has been home to the North Atlantic Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; New York City Recruiting Battalion; and New York Military Entrance Processing Station. Commuter buses and trains are readily accessible from this location.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Specialist and the principal advisor on conflict resolution matters.
- Analyze procedures for filing discrimination complaints.
- Conduct briefings for the District Commander, senior leaders, and supervisors to discuss issues affecting the workforce, the effectiveness and status of EEO program goals, efficiency, and legal compliance of all areas of the EEO program.
- Provide technical guidance to assigned counselors and assure appropriate coordination of their EEO functions and responsibilities.
- Manage the processing and disposition of all individual and class EEO Complaints and ensures full cooperation with EEO Counselor and EEO personnel in the timely, fair and prompt processing, investigation, and resolution of complaints.
- Provide technical and administrative supervision to subordinate staff.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602945800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.