This announcement uses the Direct Hire Authoritty for Bachelor Degree Candidates at STRL.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as the Meteorology Quality Assurance director and Meteorology Operations Lead.
- You will provide oversight of aviation, maritime, and general operational weather forecasting services for the United States Antarctic Program (USAP)
- You will be a point of contact for, and assist in, the development and refinement of weather forecasting and observing technologies including terrestrial and satellite-based sensing systems, displays, and interfaces.
- You will participate in, or lead, engineering efforts for developing and acquiring meteorology tools, systems, and designing meteorology facilities.
- You will identify standards for applicable operational support to meet the program needs and assure daily compliance is met.
- You will develop, maintain, and improve procedures for forecasting and observing techniques, forecasting and observing processes, and data/product collection and distribution.
- You will interface with academic institutions and operational agencies, both domestic and foreign; to continuously improve operational meteorology in the Polar Regions.
- You will prepare and present formal reports and briefings, conduct and present results from case studies, and represent NIWC Atlantic in various working groups. This will include media outlets and publication of written and/or presented work.
- You will provide expert weather advice to senior civilian and military officials with regard to scheduled and emergency mission planning activities.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602763300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.