The Smithsonian Institution is a diverse museum and research complex dedicated to the increase and diffusion of knowledge. The National Museum of Natural History (NMNH) promotes understanding of the natural world and our place in it and the NMNH Collections Program ensures that 145+ million objects endure for future scientific research and public enjoyment. This position serves as Assistant Registrar in the NMNH Collections Program, Office of the Registrar.Learn more about this agency
- Prepares and maintains files on the documentation required of transactions, including permits, forms, invoices and confirmation correspondence.
- Arranges domestic and/or international shipments of animal parts and products.
- Assists departments in managing transactions related to acquisition, loan and disposal of museum’s collections.
- Assists in executing inventory plans to verify the status of the museum’s collections.
- Participates in collection acquisitions and loan processes by preparing written justifications, researching potential acquisitions, communicating with vendors, processing acquisitions paperwork, monitoring all phases of payment processing and resolving technical problems related to loan documentation.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599997800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.