This position is located in the Smithsonian Institution, National Museum of African American History and Culture. The employee serves as the Collection Information System (CIS) administrator and the Museum's collection database expert by providing database operation, management, and support.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for the overall management and continued development of the Museum's collection information system (CIS) database and other database systems.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements all activities necessary to the effective operation, development and maintenance of the CIS database.
- Coordinates the deployment and expanded use of new modules.
- Develops, plans for, and oversees data migrations, imports and exports, and exchanges. Performs regular backups, table builds, and other operational needs.
- Responsible for collections information system security and controlling access to sensitive museum information. Manages user profiles, configurations, and query access to the system.
- Provides training to end-users. Develops procedural manuals, guides, tip-sheets, and other instructional aids to assist staff with common system functions.
12 - This position is at the full performance level (GS-12).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599946500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.