For more information on the Department of Justice and Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, visit https://www.atf.gov/Learn more about this agency
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
Please note that total salary range indicated in this announcement will be adjusted to include locality payment for selected duty location. General schedule locality pay table may be found under, https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/
Industry Operations Investigator (IOI) positions are with the Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (ATF) in the Office of Field Operations (FO) Nationwide.
IOI positions are mission critical positions that requires the ability to pay close attention to detail(s). IOIs conduct inspections/investigations of the firearms & explosives industries, including dealers, importers, and providing support to Criminal Investigators (Special Agent) on criminal investigations. If selected for this position, you will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Conduct investigations of firearms licensees and explosives licensees/permittees; investigations/inspections involving analyzing records, and referring leads identified involving firearms & explosives thefts to ATF Special Agents for further investigation.
- Document and report discrepancies revealed from examining records and inventories; including evidence of falsification of records and inventories, suspicious purchases or potential trafficking uncovered in firearm transaction records reviewed.
- Prepare reports detailing the facts found to document firearms licensee or explosives licensee/permittee is operating in accordance with the laws/regulations, and make recommendations for further necessary action.
- Verify inventories utilizing intelligence databases to analyze records and examine business operations.
- Your application will be placed into a pool of individuals with disabilities for evaluation and referral to selecting officials for non-competitive hiring.
- You MAY be contacted by interested selecting officials and asked to interview.
- We will not be able to provide status updates other than the receipt of your application via an acknowledgement email from USAStaffingOffice@opm.gov.
- You may update your application at any time until the closing date.
MOBILITY PLAN: New employees hired pursuant to this vacancy announcement must sign a mobility agreement. The purpose of ATF's mobility policy is to enhance career development and progression, and achieve mission and business effectiveness. To accomplish these objectives, the mobility plan will facilitate the movement of employees through special short-term assignments or permanent reassignments throughout the Bureau. Applicants who decline to sign a mobility agreement, as required, will be removed from the hiring process.
TRAINING REQUIREMENT: If hired, successful completion of the "IOI" Basic Training Program is a condition of continued employment.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597133400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.