Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Small Business Administration, Office of Inspector General! SBA OIG provides auditing, investigative, and other high quality services to support and assist the SBA in achieving its mission. We promote open and honest communication and encourage a positive work environment. We are listed among the top ranked agencies in the Partnership for Public Service's 2019 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government!Learn more about this agency
- Provides technical assistance for complex audits and carries out other activities in connection with the Agency programs and program participants. Frequently serves in a supporting technical advisory role to match complex audit objectives with technical solutions.
- Performs reviews using appropriate audit techniques, analyzes data to support findings, and develops recommendations to correct deficiencies; prepares comprehensive audit work papers documenting audit work performed.
- Discusses findings and observations with responsible organizational elements, technical representatives and others to develop key pieces of a constructive final report; prepares sections of, or, a comprehensive final report summarizing the audit and/or assurance of review results.
- Supports the team in meetings with top management officials to present audit findings, explains the significance of conclusions, and justify recommendations. Assists in obtaining written responses to recommendations from management officials and follow-up with management officials to ensure corrections are made in a timely manner.
- Supports the completion of a project plan, including a design matrix and coordinate to establish appropriate milestones that comply with SBA OIG policies and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595607100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.