This position is a Biological Science Technician (Avian), GS- 0404-5.Learn more about this agency
Salary: Locality tables may be found here.
This is a temporary appointment intended for seasonal work that is less than 6 months or 1040 hours from date of appointment/service year. At management's discretion, this appointment may be: (1) extended up 1730 hours if the position is located in a specific geographic location that has been authorized for the 1730 hours; and/or (2) extended up to one-year with the possibility of extending an additional one-year. The agency may non-competitively rehire an eligible temporary seasonal worker in subsequent years who works less than 6 months or 1040 (in some cases 1730) hours in their service year.
As a Biological Science Technician (Avian) your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Locate, monitor, and band tundra nesting waterfowl and assist with aquatic and terrestrial habitat data collection.
- Monitor beach nesting birds and assist with invasive plant mapping.
- Conduct surveys of breeding landbirds and shorebirds.
- Find and monitor landbird and shorebird nests.
- Capture, measure, and band breeding landbirds and shorebirds.
- Conduct surveys of marine birds and seabirds from small and large vessels.
- Edit collected survey data and compile summary reports.
- Capture, measure, and band waterfowl.
- Conduct aerial and ground-based populations surveys and manage data.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593023800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.