This position is located in the Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, Office of Epidemiology and Research, Division of Research. The duty location for this position is Rockville, MD.Learn more about this agency
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.**
As a Health Scientist, you use extensive knowledge and expertise in research methodology and analyzing complex data in maternal and child health.
Specifically, you will:
- Prepare guidance for grant and contract proposals which include developing protocols and scope of work.
- As project officer, apply subject matter knowledge and expertise to monitor grant and contract progress; and exercise decision making authority regarding these grants and contracts.
- Serve as a principal investigator, co-investigator and/or consultant to other members of OER, MCHB, HRSA, and other HHS Agencies in planning, executing, and analyzing maternal and child health studies and intervention trials that may relate to infant mortality, and developmental issues of young children, children's chronic illnesses and childhood mortality and morbidity.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance with the staff working with various research proposals, analyzing complex data, developing evaluation approaches, and scientific reports related to the survival and healthy development of infants and children.
- Use a variety of study design approaches, including descriptive and various analytic studies of population in order to conduct studies and to measure health effects.
- Design appropriate scientific investigations in order to detect the characteristics of the patients and/or environments that might confer an increased risk of adverse outcomes.
Occasional travel - Expected travel for this position is up to 5% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592841500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.