This announcement hasa first cut-off date. Applications received by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the cut-off date 1-MAR-2021 will receive first consideration for the vacancy. Depending on staffing needs a2nd cut-off date of 1 APR-2021 may be used and every 30 days thereafter.Learn more about this agency
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this announcement. Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
As an Advanced Practice Nurse (Nurse Practitioner) you will serve as a Board Certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner at detention facilities staffed by the ICE Health Services Corps (IHSC). These sites provide medical, dental and mental health care to detainees in ICE custody. You will provide direct psychiatric care to detainees via scheduled appointments, emergency or urgent care visits, and daily rounds. You will perform duties such as:
- Perform comprehensive psychiatric evaluations, behavioral health care, and detoxification as required by policy or for detainees' symptoms/complaints.
- Apply patient-specific knowledge to monitor and control stress levels and provide emotional support and counseling, and apply knowledge of drugs and therapeutics when prescribing medication.
- Follow agency policy in the management of significant mental illness including prevention of violence, homicide, self-harm, and suicide.
- May serve as medical escort of detainees as needed, for domestic/overseas travel.
- Participate actively in the quality improvement system, to comply with Joint Commission standards and National Patient Safety goals, and other quality improvement projects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591678100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.