As our nation navigates the COVID-19 pandemic, CBP is committed to delivering our mission to safeguard America's borders and enable legitimate trade and travel. Staffing mission critical positions remains a high priority. Be reassured that CBP is still hiring, despite potential hiring process step delays due to restrictions to in-person activities.Learn more about this agency
Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Border Patrol in the following locations:
BIG BEND SECTOR:
- Alpine Station | Alpine, TX
- Marfa Station | Marfa, TX
- Sierra Blanca Station | Sierra Blanca, TX
- Van Horn Station | Van Horn, TX
- Del Rio Station | Del Rio, TX
- Eagle Pass South Station | Eagle Pass, TX
- Uvalde Station | Uvalde, TX
- El Centro Station | Imperial, CA
- El Paso Sector Headquarters | El Paso, TX
- Laredo North Station | Laredo, TX
- Rio Grande Valley Sector | McAllen, TX
- Brown Field Station | San Diego, CA
- Campo Station | Pine Valley, CA
- Chula Vista Station | San Ysidro, CA
- Imperial Beach Station | San Diego, CA
- Nogales Station | Nogales, AZ
- Tucson Station | Tucson, AZ
You may only receive consideration for up to TWO Stations. If you wish to change locations after your initial application submission you will need to choose all of your locations again. Changing even one location will override all previous location choices. You may not change location preferences after 02/05/2021.
This is a Term appointment, not-to-exceed (NTE) 13 months, which can be extended for a total appointment of 4 years.For more details click: Term Appointments
If you have received a tentative offer and are currently in the pre-employment process for a Border Patrol Processing Coordinator position, reapplying to the same location and grade level is not encouraged and may delay the hiring process.
Joining the Customs and Border Protection Office of U.S. Border Patrol will allow you to use your expertise to support Border Patrol Agents with humanitarian care and intake processing of detainees and provide other clerical/administrative support to agents and other Agency personnel. Apply for this exciting opportunity to strengthen Homeland Security by providing expert technical assistance to contacts in and outside of Homeland Security. This position starts at a salary of $35,265.00 (GS-05, Step 1) to $51,103.00 (GS-06, Step 10) with promotion potential to $51,103.00 (GS-6, Step 10).
As a Border Patrol Processing Coordinator, your duties will include:
- Receiving and processing custody of detainees; maintaining well-being of detainees outside of a secure complex; inventorying, tagging and storing detainees' personal property for tracking purposes;
- Transporting detainees to proceedings and medical facilities, which may require operating a passenger shuttle bus;
- Communicating in the Spanish language; maintaining contact with other sectors, stations, agencies and foreign consulates and making arrangements for removal procedures, travel and escorts;
- Logging the status of welfare checks of occupants, visual inspections of temporary holding areas and inputting information into the appropriate processing system;
- Drafting and maintaining administrative paperwork and reports related to property, transportation, and deportation documentation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590767900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.