Multiple positions advertised asFish and Wildlife Biologist, GS- 0401-9/11 working in each of the following locations for the R2-Gulf Restoration Program:Learn more about this agency
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Corpus Christi, TX
These positions are also open to status candidates under announcement R2-21-10990808-KL-MP. You must apply to each announcement separately if you wish to be considered under both recruitment methods.
As a Fish and Wildlife Biologist your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Utilize the concepts, principles, and practices of conservation biology and ecology to plan and conduct a variety of investigations to determine the impact of land and water development projects upon the fish and/or wildlife resources of an area.
- Assess impacts of proposed Federal actions on threatened and endangered species and develops/drafts biological opinions required under Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act (ESA).
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing biological portions of environment assessment/impact statements or comprehensive resource planning reports assessing environmental consequences and compliance with multiple federal laws and regulations such as the Clean Water Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Migratory Bird Treaty Act and numerous other federal laws, policies and administrative regulations.
- Develops comprehensive fish and/or wildlife mitigation or management plans to insure preservation, protection, and enhancement of fish and/or wildlife and their habitat for a geographic area having a variety of habitat conditions.
- Plans, organizes, and implements biological work and/or habitat preservation and development work. Prepares reports on progress and completion of studies, uses data to formulate future program recommendations and effect improvements in management practices.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590484300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.