How to update an application
- Sign into USAJOBS.
- Go to your Applications, located on your Home page — your active applications display automatically.
- Find the application you would like to update.
- Click the + icon to see all of the application details.
- Review the Closing date-you can no longer update the application if the job has closed.
- Click Update Application.
- You will be sent to the Review of the USAJOBS application process.
- Click Add/Remove Resume if you want to change or update your resume.
- Click Add/Remove Documents if you want to change or update your documents.
- Complete the remaining steps in the USAJOBS application process.
- Click Continue to Agency Site - this is the final step in the USAJOBS application process and you’ll be sent to the specific agency application system.
- Complete the remaining steps of your application in the agency application system.
- Click Submit in the agency application system - your application will not be updated until you submit.
- Job announcements that are “open” are still accepting new applications and updated applications.
- Job announcements that are “closed” are no longer accepting applications or updates to previously submitted applications.
- If you want to update your application with a newer version of your resume or documents or new profile information, you must resubmit the application with the changes- simply updating the information in your USAJOBS account does not “submit” the changes.
- If you resubmit your application with a newer resume or document, your application may continue to display both old and new information. The agency will review your most recent submission and provide a date/time stamp next to each attachment. Agencies have certain legal requirements for records retention; however, you may request that the agency remove you from consideration or accept changes or additions to your application by contacting the agency representative listed on the job announcement.