This announcement gathers applications from those seeking consideration to fill a Store Associate position in one or more of the listed commissary store locations. As vacancies occur in the 90-day period after this announcement closes, and in accordance with category rating procedures, applicants evaluated as qualified and appointable, and who submit all required documents are referred to hiring managers for selection consideration.Learn more about this agency
Serves as a Store Associate working either independently or as part of a team in any assigned retail area of a commissary store within the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) system. Work involves performing the full range of standard Store Associate assignments and resolving recurring problems. Typical assignments depend on the individual store and store management requirements.
Position responsibilities include:
- Assisting customers by answering questions such as item price or location, and handling bulky/heavy items.
- Operating an electronic checkout system to record unit price, total customer purchase, and make change.
- Performing a variety of duties in handling, preparing and maintaining stock levels of grocery and produce items.
- Reviewing stock levels and gathering inventory data in order to maintain the Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO) system.
- Preparing and maintaining a variety of documents to order commissary items, reconcile invoices and submit requisitions.
- Maintaining security, safety, and sanitation practices and procedures.
The General Schedule (GS) Base Salary Table was used to identify the salary range appearing at the beginning of this announcement. Actual salaries depend on the location selected. Refer to Salary Tables to locate salaries for a specific location.
You are responsible for the completeness and accuracy of your application package. All submitted documents must be legible. Failure to meet qualifications, requirements and/or conditions of employment or to submit a complete resume and required documents may result in you being ineligible for this position. Ineligible applicants receive no further consideration. We encourage you to read the entire announcement before starting the application process and to follow all instructions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588445000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.