We are seeking highly motivated professionals to join our team. If you want challenging work and a chance to make a big impact, come join us at the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Commerce! We improve the effectiveness of the Department's programs and operations. We also investigate waste, fraud, and abuse in the Department and those who do business with it.
As a General Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Aerospace Engineer, Physical Scientist or Meteorologist, you will:
- Serve as a project team member under the Director, Satellites and Weather Systems (SWS) Division with responsibility for applying knowledge in collaborating with other professional engineers, physical and computer scientists, information technology specialists and auditors engaged in addressing complex technical, management, contractual, and policy issues about how systems are planned, managed, designed, acquired, developed, deployed, operated, maintained, and disposed.
- Plan and conduct audits, evaluations, special projects and other work assignments in the areas of systems acquisitions, operations, maintenance, information resources management, as well as other programs involving technology acquisition or development.
- Develop Satellites and Weather Systems (SWS) division input to reviews of selected existing and proposed legislation and regulations related to Department programs and operations, for the purpose of providing the Director SWS; Assistant Inspector General for Audit and Evaluation (AIG); and the Principle AIG for Audit and Evaluation (PAIG) with appropriate recommendations as to the impact these activities have on economy and efficiency in the administration of programs and operations administered or financed by the Department relating to systems acquisitions, systems development, or systems operation.
- Coordinate and appraise remedial actions taken by Department officials to correct deficiencies and to fully implement audit and evaluation recommendations.
- Prepare technical articles and instructional materials on specialized approaches and techniques for the guidance of SWS team members and maintain personal contacts with members of professional societies to keep abreast of new developments, trends, and techniques relating to financial, compliance, management and program audits and evaluations.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588273000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.