As our nation navigates the COVID-19 pandemic, CBP is committed to delivering our mission to safeguard America's borders and enable legitimate trade and travel. Staffing mission critical positions remains a high priority. Be reassured that CBP is still hiring, despite potential hiring process step delays due to restrictions to in-person activities.Learn more about this agency
Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Professional Responsibility, Investigative Operations Division.
This position may be filled in one of the following locations: Washington, DC; New York City, Buffalo, & Champlain, NY; Newark, NJ; Miami, FL; Houston, Laredo, McAllen, Del Rio, Dallas, and El Paso, TX; Tucson and Yuma, AZ; San Diego, El Centro, Long Beach, and San Francisco, CA; Seattle and Bellingham, WA; Detroit, MI; Indianapolis, IN
This position starts at a salary of $108,885.00 (GS-14, Step 1) to $141,548.00 (GS-14, Step 10) with promotion potential to $141,548.00 (GS-14 Step 10).
- Plan, conduct and document sensitive criminal and administrative investigations with little or no supervision involving multifaceted, challenging and sensitive allegations of criminal, civil or administrative violations against employees at all levels of the agency;
- Develop facts and evidence; gather and analyze information and intelligence; conduct interviews and interrogations; make arrests and conduct searches and seizures;
- Prepare, obtain and execute search and arrest warrants or other judicial process, including subpoenas and electronic surveillance orders; plan and direct surveillance and undercover operations;
- Lead, plan, direct and conduct team investigations and enforcement operations; and
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
75% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 75% annually for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587903200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.