One or more vacancies can be filled in the following location.Salary:
Idaho Falls ,ID.
- GS-04 $31,208 (Step 01) to $40,569 (Step 10);
- GS-05 $34,916 (Step 01) to $45,393 (Step 10)
As a Hydrologic Technician within the Idaho Water Science Center some of your specific duties will include:
- Performs routine measurements of stage and discharge under a variety of field conditions applying established uniform methods.
- Performs routine water-level and discharge measurements from wells and springs where field conditions require a number of uniform and established methods be followed in order to collect representative data.
- Performs routine field water-quality measurements such as water temperature, specific conductance, pH, dissolved oxygen and alkalinity.
- Computes, processes, and checks routine sediment samples where uniform and established methods exist.
- Performs installation, maintenance, servicing, and troubleshooting of sensing, recording and communications equipment and instrumentation.
- Operates a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.
Physical Demands: The work regularly requires considerable dexterity, agility, and strenuous physical exertion suchas that needed to: climb, or work from, tall ladders or scaffolding; work in areas where footing is treacherous such as on slippery river banks, in steep or rockyterrain, and in fast-moving water; lift heavy objects weighing 23 kilograms (over 50 pounds) or more; crouch or crawl in constricted areas; and defend oneself or others against physical attack.
Work Environment: The work regularly involves moderate risks or discomforts associated with visiting field sites with limited access, under adverse weather or flooding conditions, or exposure to irritant or toxic chemicals. Work may require the use of special clothing or gear such as masks, coats, boots, goggles, respirators, or life jackets.
75% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position an average of 10-12 nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587649500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.