This position is a Biological Science Technician (General), GS- 0404-5.Learn more about this agency
Salary: The salary for each location may vary depending on locality. Locality tables may be found here
See additional information about each vacancy here
This is a temporary appointment intended for seasonal work that is less than 6 months or 1040 hours from date of appointment/service year. At management's discretion, this appointment may be: (1) extended up 1730 hours if the position is located in a specific geographic location that has been authorized for the 1730 hours; and/or (2) extended up to one-year with the possibility of extending an additional one-year. The agency may non-competitively rehire an eligible temporary seasonal worker in subsequent years who works less than 6 months or 1040 (in some cases 1730) hours in their service year.
As a Biological Science Technician (General) your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participates in multifaceted wildlife, and fish population studies
- Assist with performing biological studies
- Surveys and observes avian populations
- Collects avian morphometric data and biological samples
- Assists in collecting data on hatchery populations
- Assists hatchery crew in providing daily care to fish in an aquaculture facility
- Independently identifies and collects plant species for studies
- Coordinates with private landowners, other federal and state agencies to carry out low complexity, non-controversial habitat restoration projects
- Surveys location for invasive species populations
- Assists with invasive species removal projects
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586973500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.