This position is in the FSIS Office of Planning, Analysis and Risk Management (OPARM), which leads FSIS efforts related to strategic planning and evaluation, data analysis and advanced analytics, data science and enterprise risk management, and internal controls. The position functions as a Branch Chief within the Data Analysis Staff (DAS) or Inspection Data Analysis Staff (IDAS). The branches perform complementary and collaborative work.Learn more about this agency
- Directs and assists subordinates within various fields in conducting and documenting targeted and often complex data and statistical analyses and visualizations to evaluate the effectiveness of existing policies and support future policy development.
- Develops, exhibits, and applies clear understanding of Branch analytical output and associated data, sufficient to develop, guide, and challenge analytical metrics, coding or methodological processes, produce sound, independent analyses, etc.
- Assigns work to Branch employees, ensures the development of project plans with necessary and realistic milestones and deliverables, and holds employees accountable for accurate and timely completion of tasks.
- Assists in the development of performance standards, and uses them to fairly evaluate the performance of subordinate employees.
- Identifies training needs, resolves complaints and grievances fairly at the lowest possible level, and gives advice, counsel, and coaching to employees on work and administrative matters.
- Apprises and provides timely situational awareness to DAS and IDAS Directors and OPARM Senior Executives on the status of Branch activities and challenges, including formulating and recommending solutions to unforeseen or known issues.
- Coordinates with other OPARM Branches and FSIS program areas to ensure adequate coverage, empathetic customer service, and strong mission support.
- Collaborates with specialists in diverse fields to fulfill FSIS?s and Office of Food Safety Mission Area mission and operational data and analytical needs, and assists and provides direction to subordinates on the selections, adaption, etc.
- Researches current and emerging areas in analysis, data science, math, statistics, and computational disciplines, as needed, to guide Branch members.
- Oversees diverse data analytical activities entailing data cleaning, data visualization, storytelling, trend analysis, scripting, or algorithm development, and recommends ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 5% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585681200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.