As a Criminal Investigator for our Kansas City, MO region, you will be responsible for conducting and reporting upon investigations of suspected criminal violations affecting the programs, operations, and employees of the GSA consistent with the Inspector General Act of 1978. This position is located in the Office of Assistant Inspector General for Investigations.Learn more about this agency
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.
As a Criminal Investigator, the incumbent performs the following responsibilities:
- Plans, coordinates and conducts complex investigations into criminal and civil violations of law and administrative matters relating to GSA programs, operations and employees.
- Performs investigative activities such as interviewing witnesses and subjects of investigation; executing search warrants, serving judicial process such as subpoenas and summons; conducting surveillance; and obtaining and preserving evidence.
- Presents investigative results orally and establishes and maintains liaison with investigative and legal personnel in the other Offices of Inspectors General, U.S. Attorneys, Federal Bureau of lnvestigation and federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
- Prepares written reports of investigative activities and final reports of investigation pursuant to OIG guidelines.
- Plans and conducts surveillance and makes arrests.
- Testifies in court proceedings.
Occasional travel - The position requires frequent travel. Selected applicant must be able to acquire and maintain a government-issued travel charge card.
13 - FPL 13
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585598400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.