This position is located in the Community Health Nursing component at the Jicarilla Service Unit, Dulce, New Mexico. The purpose of this position is the provision of educative, preventative, curative and rehabilitative services to individuals and groups in their communities and homes. Government housing may be authorized, depending on availability.Learn more about this agency
- Assesses needs and sets up a plan of action to meet those needs by providing health services to communities, schools, families, and individuals.
- Provides skilled nursing care to individuals and families, including measures designed to prevent complications and to minimize disabilities, while safe-guarding their integrity and recognizing their rights to make their own decisions.
- Teaches and supervises patients and families in techniques of positive health measures, accenting and adjusting to the implications and responsibilities of medical care, diagnosis and treatment.
- Provides services and assists tribal leaders with the development of their health programs as a consultant, coordinator and/or training officer for tribal health personnel.
- Maintain records and prepares reports in compliance with the Policy Act and lndian Health Service policies and procedures including documenting patients' encounters using nursing process with input into electronic health record.
Occasional travel - Travel is required within the local community on a regular basis.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584248200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.