This position is located in the Bureau for Latin America and Caribbean, Strategy and Program Office (LAC/SPO), in the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
Announcement 21-0018-CMT is open concurrently with this announcement and has an area of consideration of Status Candidates. You must apply separately to be considered under both announcements.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean, Strategy and Program Office (LAC/SPO), which serves as the principal point of contact and coordination on Agency policies and strategies, and provides strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation expertise, communications and outreach guidance, and budget development and oversight for the LAC Bureau and its missions and Washington-based operating units. LAC/SPO supports the development and management of activities for regional and non-presence programs, and provides donor coordination and external relations with the general public, constituency groups, Congress, and other U.S. Government entities when issues are not country specific or relate to technical subjects.
As a Public Affairs Specialist, you will:
- Research, create and regularly update general and targeted briefing materials for internal and external audiences.
- Develop and regularly update communications strategies, and develop policies and make recommendations regarding the dissemination of information.
- Manage public relations programs involving issues that are sensitive or controversial, and handle queries from elected officials, other government agencies, community organizations and the public.
- Develop, draft speeches, talking points, statements, and other related documents; monitor and communicate USAID programs and activities of legislative, oversight, and representational interest; and review, draft and develop press releases relating to congressional matters.
- Monitor and plan all phases of publication production, guide the work of print and/or electronic media reporting, and assure timely and effective dissemination of materials.
- Interface and work closely with the Development Outreach and Communications Specialists in the field.
14 - This position is at the full performance level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584040000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.