The Smithsonian Institution (SI) is a diverse museum and research complex dedicated to the increase and diffusion of knowledge. The position is located in the Under Secretary for Finance and Administration, Office of the Chief Operating Officer, Office of Contracting and Personal Property Management (OCON & PPM), Procurement Division. This division is responsible for providing guidance on procurement policies and procedures and assisting SI units with small purchasing activities.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for assuring the work of the team of contract specialist are successfully executed by evaluating progress of project work and re-orients efforts as needed
- Establish time phasing of various stages of projects, specific objectives and provide technical information and direction as required
- Lead the team in pre-award and post-award functions for procurements of significant importance
- Determine method of procurement best suited to specific requirement. Prepare necessary justifications and memoranda
- Procure commercial goods and services using GSA and other government wide contracts for requirements up to $5M in value
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582563200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.