The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world.Learn more about this agency
Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See Other Information for Locations.
WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF-EMPLOYED DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers. SB/SE taxpayers generally have higher incomes than most taxpayers, need to file twice as many tax forms, and generally need to rely more on paid tax preparers and the taxpayer education outreach activities of the IRS.
WHAT DOES A CONTACT REPRESENTATIVE DO? IRS Contact Representatives work primarily with taxpayers and their representatives through telephone or face-to-face contact. You would provide authoritative tax law assistance and take action where needed to resolve their tax issues, often involving delinquent situations. Actions needed might include analyzing the taxpayer's ability to pay, initiating liens, and negotiating installment payment agreements.
As a Contact Representative you will:
- Provide technical assistance to individuals and/or businesses primarily through telephone interaction in a dynamic call center environment, and/or face-to-face contact;
- Address wide range of issues/problems that require unique solutions;
- Apply the tax code to assist taxpayers in understanding and meeting their tax responsibilities;
- Secure, analyze and protect sensitive personal and financial information;
- Make determinations and use sound judgment to resolve taxpayer disputes and delinquency issues; And
- Develop, analyze and evaluate information involving the research of computerized records by accessing multiple online/database systems.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
25% or less - 01 to 05 Travel Nights Per Month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582121900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.