Serves as a Staff Support Specialist (MSS- I) at Terminal facilities.Learn more about this agency
Responsible for tactical, strategic. and administrative support of multiple program areas such as training, quality control, quality assurance, traffic management, airspace and procedures. plans and programs, operational automation, military operations. special and security operations, safety management system, safety reporting and other areas of specialty identified collaboratively at the local level.
The work requires a comprehensive knowledge of the ATC field and familiarization with the many integral components of the industry which comprise the National Airspace System. Specialists must have the ability to apply this knowledge to the analysis. evaluation and development of new methods, studies, approaches, and procedures. The Staff Support Specialist must be knowledgeable of agency wide programs, facility goals and objectives. Must be able to communicate clearly and tailor their message to the target audience. While not required, hardware/software experience is desirable. Some travel will be required.
For the assigned Facility/Duty Location:
1. Performs daily functions of maintaining and or improving operational material and or resources within the assigned area(s) of specialty.
2. Communicates intra / inter facility as well as among various lines of business and industry.
3. Makes recommendations for new projects/studies. taking into account available resources and the accomplishment of facility goals and objectives.
4. Applies expertise toward the completion of projects/studies and facility reports.
5. Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of equipment, facilities, and procedures.
6. Conducts investigations. evaluations, and briefs facility personnel.
7. Develops methods to improve customer service and the quality of support provided.
8. Collaborates freely among facilities, provides feedback and consults with other Staff Support Specialists regardless of duty location.
9. May perform duties outside of the facility commensurate with grade and experience.
Depending upon facility structure, reports to an assigned MSS-2, 3 or 4, who provides administrative direction for facility assignments, in terms of broadly defined missions or functions within areas of specialties. The incumbent is responsible for planning, designing and completing work assignments independently. Results of the work are technically authoritative and are normally accepted without change. Work is evaluated in terms of results achieved and effectiveness in assigned program areas.
Occasional travel - The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581962400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.