The incumbent serves as the Assistant National Subject Matter Expert of the Meat Branch responsible for carrying out a variety of technical duties in support of the National Supervisor for Meat. Assignments involve ensuring uniform application of meat grading standards across the country and supporting the Agency's Commodity Procurement Program (CP) through activities that ensure meat products meet the requirements of CP's purchase specifications and further processing program.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Participates fully with the National Supervisor of Meat in the overall administration of meat grading and certification.
- Oversees all components of initial processing of meat products and further processing of meat commodities and products procured under the Agency?s purchase program.
- Participates in policy formulation discussions, develops areas of choice, recommends decisions, and advises on problem areas that need decisions.
- Reviews and monitors the meat grading program in order to assure a uniform, consistent and accurate application of approved standards.
- Develops meat grading techniques and procedures and develops and conducts training programs for meat graders and supervisors.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581798800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.