Who May Be Considered:
- Status Candidates
- Land Management Eligibles under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act.
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
This position is located in the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO). The incumbent serves as the Associate Chief for Financial Management and reports to the Chief Financial Officer via the Deputy Chief Financial Officer. Learn more about this agency
In this position, you will serve as a Supervisory Accountant.
Typical work assignments include:
- Managing and/or performing accounting reconciliations and other accounting analyses common to federal agencies including reconciliation between the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers/systems, research and resolution of suspense account balances, validation/verification of unliquidated obligations, oversight of transactions impacting the value of property owned by the agency, and evaluation of expenses stemming from agency operations.
- Overseeing commitment and obligation of agency funds.
- Overseeing centralized management of agency travel authorization/voucher review and approvals.
- Providing executive leadership in the financial management, consolidated reporting, and accounting oversight of CISA's finance and accounting programs and activities.
- Designing, implementing, and/or monitoring internal controls to identify problem areas, improve operating program effectiveness, and maintain the integrity of financial information.
- Developing and implementing performance-reporting requirements to measure the effectiveness of process improvement changes.
- Performing the full range of supervisory responsibilities for the work of the professional and technical staff assigned to the Division.
- Performing management responsibilities ensuring that subordinate position descriptions are designed and structured for optimum efficiency, effectiveness and economy. Keeps employees informed of management goals and objectives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581743200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.