This position is to provide leadership, coordination and oversight in wildland fire planning on the National Forest. Responsible for implementing fire planning policies and procedures consistent with national and regional level guidance and coordinating information between regional and local fire planning units and with other resource specialists.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Charles Patterson at 850-661-1005, email@example.com
- Responsibilities listed below are at the full performance GS-11 grade level.
- Provides local expertise for short and long term strategic fire management planning, assessments, and interagency and/or unit fire management plans.
- Develops local plans that reflect national, regional and local management goals, requirements and strategic objectives related to fire and aviation management.
- Evaluates the technical aspects and effectiveness of exiting wildland fire and aviation management programs and provides recommended changes or initiatives to improve the overall efficiency and success of the program.
- Implements program management direction for national forests and grasslands and/or interagency fire planning efforts.
- Provides input for the development of plans and fire management alternatives in coordination with Regional Office, Forest and Grassland Office staff and other resource specialists.
- Performs data collection and evaluation of fire hazard risk, fuels, historic fire occurrence, fire effects, climatology and weather.
- Provides local input to budget development and the annual reporting of program accomplishments.
- Develops annual program of work which may include budget allocations and severity requests.
- Provides input to the development of plans and agreements.
- Provides wildland fire planning technical support and coordination with fire management officers, land or resource management staffs, and planners throughout the local area.
- Works closely with counterparts from other federal, state or local partner agencies.
- The incumbent provides analysis and advice to resolve fire and aviation management issues. Present technical information and complex issues into a coherent and concise manner that is understandable to a variety of audiences.
- Utilizes specialized software and modeling to evaluate the effectiveness of fire and aviation management strategies to meet land and resource management goals and objectives.
- Provides technical expertise in strategic and local fire planning analysis systems, models and decision support systems.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required for fire suppression or fire related assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/581667900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.