View Common Definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of Professional Responsibility, Washington, DC.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement. Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
- As a Writer Editor you will perform the following duties:
- Monitor technical writing or editing work performed by others, including off site or by contractors, to ensure timelines, consistency, and accuracy.
- Review documents for logical development, presentation, style, grammar, conformance with ICE policy, consistency, clarity, accuracy, and exactness of expression.
- Develop written products that articulate, interpret, and explain highly complex, potentially controversial, and important programs, project plans, guidelines, regulations, laws, handbooks, manuals, standards, and research findings.
- Develop finished products, index, and cross-reference documents such as project plans, highly complex reports, guidelines, regulations, laws, memoranda, presentations, handbooks, manuals, standards, and other publications.
- Propose change in Inspections and Detention Oversight Division (IDO) editorial and publishing policies and practices and serve as the resource on these policies and practices for the entire Division.
Occasional travel - Travel for offsite training and/or Work related matters.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579959400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.