READ ALL INFORMATION TO ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND AND FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS SPECIFIC TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.Learn more about this agency
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS ARE VERY DETAILED AND MUST BE FOLLOWED COMPLETELY.
Serves as a production and material resource specialist in the review, editing, preparation and production of Braille and other alternative media materials for visually impaired agency personnel and the public. The work requires considerable specialized training and experience.
- Serves as the agency specialist in the review, preparation and production of Braille and other alternative media materials for agency personnel and the public.
- Contributes to and reviews Braille contract specifications, reviews contractor proofs and participates in validation testing using adaptive devices such as JAWS.
- Provides support, guidance and recommendations to SSA components on a variety alternative media initiatives targeted to the visually impaired community.
- Provides advice on alternative media production, usage and usability/validation testing of new applications.
- Proofs and edits agency's informational materials specifically directed to the visually impaired community designed to interpret the provisions of SSA programs and to inform that community of their rights and responsibilities.
- Recommends formatting or modifications to materials based on agency and Braille Authority of North America (BANA) standards.
- Operates adapted computers utilizing specialized software and other Braille devices to transcribe or translate a variety of agency publications, pamphlets, manuals and instructional materials into Braille for use by the visually impaired.
- Translates materials from various formats (CD, email, Microsoft Word documents) into final Braille copy or verbatim transcript as appropriate.
- Serves as SSA's technical authority on alternative media.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578395700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.