Submit a complete application package. To receive consideration, your complete application package, including supporting documents, must be submitted by 11:59 PM ET on 09/20/2020. All submitted documents must be legible. Illegible documents may result in you not being considered for the position.
1. Resume: Required. Your resume must contain your name and contact information. Additionally, for each position, you must provide the beginning and ending dates (month and year), number of hours worked per week, and a narrative description of the job duties you performed. This information is required for us to determine your qualifications for the position. Resumes without the required information will not be considered. We encourage you to use the USAJOBS resume builder to prepare your resume or guide you in preparing your resume. If you submit multiple resumes, we only review/use the last resume you submitted. Do NOT include photographs (or links to social media such as LinkedIn), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, or personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume.
2. Questionnaire: Required
3. Supporting Documents: As applicable. See below and any additional requirements provided in the explanation of the eligibility or eligibilities you select.
Claiming Veterans' Preference. Your application package must include a copy of your DD214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, showing the character of service. The Member 4 copy provides this information and is preferred. Additionally, if you are claiming veterans' preference under the following circumstances,
- 10-point preference requires a Standard Form (SF) 15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference, AND the required documentation identified on the form. If your claim for 10-point preference is based on a service-connected disability of 10% or more as determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA), you must include a copy of your VA letter (dated 1991 or later) certifying the service-connected disability of 10% or more.
- Future military retirees must include a copy of their terminal leave request, if applicable, AND (1) a copy of their retirement DD214 [Member 4 copy] OR (2) a certification document* OR (3) a copy of their retirement letter.
- Future military separatees must include a copy of their terminal leave request, if applicable, AND (1) a copy of their most recent DD214 [Member 4 copy] OR (2) a certification document* OR (3) a copy of their most recent active duty orders.
*A written document from the armed forces certifying the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certificate is signed. The certification must be on letterhead signed by the adjutant, personnel officer, unit commander or higher headquarters and include your rank, dates of active duty service, type of discharge, character of service, and, if applicable, the date your terminal leave begins. This document is sometimes called a Statement of Service.
Notes for those claiming veterans' preference:
1. Active duty military members who are selected may not be appointed to a position unless on terminal leave or already separated.
2. You are required to provide your final DD214 upon issuance, if it was not part of your application package.
3. Within the DoD, appointment of retired military members to a civilian position within 180 days immediately after retirement is subject to the provisions of 5 U.S.C. 3326.
Claiming Military Spouse Preference.
You must be the spouse of an active duty member of the armed forces, and your application package must include the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist
AND proof of marriage to the military service member (e.g., marriage certificate, marriage license), AND a copy of the military member's PCS orders.
Claiming ICTAP eligibility
. Your application package must include a copy of your agency-specific ICTAP eligibility notice or a copy of your separation personnel action form AND a copy of your most recent performance appraisal AND a copy of your most recent SF 50 or agency notification of personnel action showing your current position, grade level, and duty location. Separation personnel actions do not include a certificate/notice of expected separation.