These positions are located in the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Information Technology Services Division, Office of ARS Deputy with vacancies in Beltsville, Maryland.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of the position is responsible for providing support and resource to the Locations and Area information technology (IT) operations and the telecommunications program.
- Participates in the design, installation and maintenance of local servers including, but not limited to, Backup Systems (tape, etc.), Network Accessible Storage, routers, switches, and virtual environment.
- Provides IT support for agency desktop and laptop computers.
- Performs systems analysis for determining general overall software and hardware requirements and specifications.
- Participates in the installations, configuration, and maintenance of endpoint systems.
- Troubleshoots problems and specific issues and conducts analyses of available systems and defines solutions and/or alternatives for meeting current and future needs.
- Ensures customer service goals and activities are met in a timely manner.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/572261700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.