This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.Learn more about this agency
Position is located at the Pine Ridge IHS, in Pine Ridge, SD. The purpose of this position is to provide leadership to the nursing personnel in Acute Care. Incumbent preforms primary functions of a RN in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of patients with medical, surgical, pediatric, obstetric, and newborn conditions. Manages and delegates to all assigned personnel, and promotes team work.
- Assesses patient care needs for all patients on the Acute Care Unit; adjusts staff and makes assignments appropriately. Collaborates with the Acute Care Nurse Supervisor, Clinical Director, and/or nursing administration as needed.
- Formulates nursing interventions based on appropriately identified nursing diagnosis and in accordance with Acute Care patient care standards.
- Develops a plan of care for individual patients identifying problems, and needs of the patient, makes adjustments to the plan of care as needed, evaluates the plan of care on daily basis.
- Participates in problem solving to make improvements in the delivery of patient care in collaboration with the staff and nursing administration.
- Provides leadership in the implementation of planned changes and activities in improve nursing service.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/570719100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.