Columbia is the geographic center of South Carolina, with easy access to mountains (two hours west) and nationally recognized beach resorts (two hours east). Columbia boasts a nationally acclaimed library system, highly rated schools, and many outstanding golf courses. Big time college sports abound with two major schools - the University of South Carolina, Columbia, in the Southeastern Conference and Clemson University, Clemson, Atlantic Coast Conference (two hours away).Learn more about this agency
The RN Mental Health Intensive Case Manager (MHICM) demonstrates clinical expertise, leadership, and creative approaches to management of complex care for seriously ill mental health clients within a 60-65 miles radius of the Anderson/Spartanburg/Greenville CBOCs.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates leadership in delivering and improving holistic care through collaborative strategies with others.
- Facilitating the flow of care by face to face visits and on occasions use telephonic and VVC(Video Connect Technology)
- Expedite transition to lower or higher levels of care.
- Seek to prevent hospitalization
- Participate early in discharge planning and make frequent contacts with the Veteran, family/caregiver and providers.
- Takes evening telephone on call until 12 midnight.
- Makes frequent patient care visits in the home and those living in Residential Care Facilities.
- Have an understanding about the special mental health needs of Veterans in rural communities.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
76% or greater - Travel to clients' homes or Residential Care Facilities
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/570029600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.