Serve as a Supervisory Nurse for the Phoenix Indian Medical Center (PIMC) Operating Room (OR), located in Phoenix, AZ. The incumbent will coordinate all aspects of nursing care within the OR and will provide leadership, direction, and technical expertise in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of delivery of nursing services for the OR. The incumbent is key to creating a Culture of Excellence in the OR. The position reports to the Director of Integrated Surgical Services.Learn more about this agency
THIS POSITION IS BEING RE-ANNOUNCED TO SOLICIT ADDITIONAL CANDIDATES. APPLICANTS WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT NEED NOT RE-APPLY UNLESS SUBMITTING UPDATED INFORMATION AND/OR MISSING FORMS
- Assign work to various staff members within the OR, including circulating nurses, scrub technicians, and health techs, while monitoring performance of staff.
- Assure adequate training for all staff consistent with their position descriptions, including compliance with standards of care, patient safety, and other applicable standards.
- Order equipment and supplies to make sure necessary items are ready and available to the providers, while maintaining cost containment.
- Perform the duties of circulating nurses and scrub technicians, while being the model for leadership, team work, and excellence in performance.
- Implement personnel management procedures, training and career development plans, grievance procedures, safety practices, and specific orientation.
- Work with the hospital performance improvement coordinator to assure compliance with The Joint Commission (TJC) standards.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566763200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.