This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19. This position is located at the Chinle Service Unit, Division of Quality Management, Chinle, AZ. The purpose of this position is to serve as a Utilization Management Nurse/Compliance Officer. Incumbent ensures through reviews and audits, patients receive care without burdening the health care system with unnecessary procedures.Learn more about this agency
- Position requires knowledge and skills in applying, the principles, concepts, practices, and procedures of specialized nursing care to patients of Utilization Review.
- Assesses, plans, monitors and evaluates patient care through utilization review activities.
- Reviews and analyses inpatient and outpatient medical records based on advanced nursing knowledge to identify deviations from screening criteria.
- Monitors timelines of use and response by ancillary services.
- Identifies possible admission clinical discrepancies and discusses clinical findings with the attending physician.
- Communicates clinical discoveries with physician reviewer and the requesting provider to obtain clinical decision.
- Assists the Compliance Officer in planning, implementing, evaluating, a comprehensive hospital.
- Aides with mock survey activities, quality rounds, on the spot education.
- Prepares clinical nursing reports for dissemination during inpatient Discharge Planning Coferences.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566640500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.