This position is responsible for controlling live air traffic in support of public safety and our National Air Space.Learn more about this agency
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR CANDIDATES WHO HAVE MAINTAINED AT LEAST 52 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS OF AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL EXPERIENCE INVOLVING THE FULL-TIME ACTIVE SEPARATION OF AIR TRAFFIC AFTER RECEIPT OF AN ATC CERTIFICATION OR FACILITY RATING WITHIN 5 YEARS OF APPLICATION WHILE SERVING AT:
- a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) air traffic control facility; OR
- a civilian or military air traffic control facility of the Department of Defense and any National Guard Facility; OR
- a tower operating under contract with the FAA under section 47124
APPLICANTS MUST ALSO BE WILLING TO WORK AT ANY FAA AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL FACILITY.
The FAA has Air Traffic Control Facilities in every state as well as Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Guam. Air Traffic Control Specialists in the Terminal option control air traffic at airports and give pilots taxiing and takeoff instructions, air traffic clearances, and advice based on their own observations and information from the National Weather Service, Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCCs), flight service stations, pilots, and other sources. They transfer control of aircraft to the ARTCC controller when the aircraft leaves assigned airspace, and they receive control of aircraft coming into assigned airspace.
Air Traffic Control Specialists in the En Route (Center) option give aircraft instructions, air traffic clearances, and advice regarding flight conditions while en route between airports. They provide separation between aircraft flying within the Federal airways or operating into or out of airports.
This is an Air Traffic Control Specialist (ATCS) position responsible for the safe, orderly and expeditious movement of air traffic through the nation's airspace. Additional information regarding these positions is located at: http://www.faa.gov/jobs/job_opportunities/airtraffic_controllers/
- Applicant geographic area preferences may be used in determining facility placement offers for candidates selected. Ultimately, the type and location of positions offered to each selectee will be based upon the needs of the FAA. If you are selected for a position, you will be informed of the facility location you are being offered. Selectees will be offered a permanent appointment in the ATCS occupation at an FAA facility based on their qualifications and the needs of the agency. Appointees will have their salary set in accordance with the ATCS Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Positions offered may be:
- AT-2152 AG - this is the position level for selectees who are NOT former FAA 2152 Certified Professional Controllers (CPC); salary $40,649, plus applicable locality pay based on facility assignment
- AT-2152 - xD/xF/xG - these are position levels for former FAA developmental controllers rehired within 1 year of separation; salary $48,854 to $113,804 plus applicable locality pay based on facility assignment
- AT-2152 - DH/EH/FH/GH/HH/IH/JH/KH/LH - these are position levels for former FAA CPCs; salary $52,918 to $153,636 plus applicable locality pay based on facility assignment
- Appointees will enter the appropriate phase of field training as determined by the assigned facility to prepare for full certification to the CPC level. They must learn the skills needed for operation at higher levels of responsibility.
- Failure to meet training requirements for or accept promotion to higher grade ATCS positions may constitute grounds for reassignment, demotion or separation from employment
- You will receive on-the-job training and pay increases, as appropriate, upon successful completion of the progressive phases of controller training at your assigned facility. Part of the on-the-job training may require that you complete certain specific training courses at the FAA Academy in Oklahoma City, OK
Occasional travel - The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563892100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.