Nurse Practitioners will be assigned to interested facilities throughout VHA in support of COVID-19 operations. Applicants who express interest in specific geographic areas will receive first consideration for those areas as a need arises. Applicants who select "location negotiable" will be given consideration once all applicants within a specific area are exhausted.Learn more about this agency
If you applied to CASA-10756203-20-RKH, you do not need to reapply to this position. You are still being considered.
Nurse Practitioners will be assigned to help address clinical demands that exceed facilities' current staff capacities, unexpected or temporary absences of facility providers, or fill vacancies where the hiring of permanent providers has been difficult. May fill needs in all areas including Primary Care, Emergency Department, Tele-Health, Mental Health etc. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to and may vary by specialty or location.
- Investigates health problems or health needs by gathering and assessing historical information
- Performs a physical examination appropriate to the patient's history
- Diagnoses health problems based on interpretation of the patient's history, physical exam findings and diagnostic test results
- Develops treatment plan tailored to the patient's needs, which includes health education, pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment
- Prescribes medications as appropriate
- Makes referrals for specialty evaluation or treatment
- Directs and coordinates the provision of health care services for patients in primary care, i.e. walk-in patients.
Work Schedule: varies based on facility needs
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - NPs will be assigned to VA facilities within their local commuting area, unless need is expanded to other locations in which case RNs will be provided lodging, meals, travel and incidental expenses.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563752700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.