RNs will be assigned to interested facilities throughout VHA in support of COVID-19 operations. Applicants who express interest in specific geographic areas will receive first consideration for those areas as a need arises. Applicants who select "location negotiable" will be given consideration once all applicants within a specific geographic area are exhausted.Learn more about this agency
If you applied to vacancy CASA-01756171-20-RKH (VIN 10756171) you are still being considered and do NOT need to apply to this vacancy.
The RN may be appointed on an intermittent, part-time or full-time schedule in support of the VA facilities across the Nation during the COVID-19 pandemic. The nurse practices in a complex patient care setting in collaboration with interdisciplinary colleagues and the department nurse/unit manager. The primary responsibilities of this Registered Nurse may vary by assignment. Those duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provide population specific and age-specific care for patients from young adulthood to older veterans/groups in the senior years of life.
- Manage a defined but dynamic caseload of patients in collaboration with an interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Initiate, plan, implement, evaluate, and appropriately document patient care based on identified measurable outcomes in the applicable assigned patient care environment.
- Anticipate and respond appropriately to emergencies, coordinate interventions, and evaluate responses through critical analysis of patient systems/operational situations.
- Initiate and lead individuals or groups through the educational process to optimize health. Monitor and document all applicable clinical reminders and performance measure outcomes timely and appropriately.
- Use Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS) and Bar Code Medication Administration (BCMA) documentation in compliance with designated facility programs.
- Implement the National Patient Safety Goals to support positive outcomes for the patient group.
- May provide direct supervision and be assigned as a preceptor to new or less experienced staff or nursing students.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - RN will be assigned to VA facilities within their local commuting area, unless need is expanded to other locations in which case RNs will be provided lodging, meals, travel and incidental expenses.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563752000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.