Provides limited range of monitoring and administration of nursing care, therapies and treatments to patients of all ages; develop and implement nursing plan of care; evaluate & effective quality of patient care. The position reports Supervisory Nurse. This position is located at Indian Health Service (IHS), Navajo Area Indian Health Service (NAIHS), Gallup Indian Medical Center (GIMC), Division of Nursing Services, Pediatric Unit/4S, Medical/Surgical Unit/2West or 3West, Gallup, NM.Learn more about this agency
- Perform limited nursing duties, as a nurse trainee. Completes assignments with guidance from a higher grade employee, supervisor or designee.
- Receives orientation and guidance on nursing policies, regulations, techniques and procedures and general functions of the unit to which assigned.
- Obtains blood specimens. Measures temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight and blood pressure and tests vision and hearing.
- Documents care provided electronically or manually in health records.
- Submits patient referrals and coordinates appointments with various clinics, program services, and support personnel.
- Participates in quality assurance activities, attends staff meetings, in-services, in-house and outside workshops and/or professional conferences when available and as staffing allows.
This position is being re-advertised to solicit additional applications. Applicants who applied previously need not reapply unless submitting updated and/or missing information.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562683900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.