You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Your application may not receive full consideration if you do not follow the instructions as outlined.Learn more about this agency
These positions are located in the Washington, DC Commuting Area within one of our bureaus or independent offices within the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
As an International Cooperation Specialist, your duties will include:
- Acting as a liaison and day-to-day contact for the Mission, the Department of State, National Security Council (NSC) and other government organizations;
- Leading or assisting in the resolution of complex program, policies, or administrative issues or problems;
- Compiling information and developing written products and delivering oral presentations for Bureau and Agency management, colleagues and counterparts in other agencies as well as Congress;
- Directing or participating in the development and review of country policy recommendations consistent with Bureau and Agency criteria and the foreign policies of the U.S.;
- Serving as a point of contact for all matters related to their country area(s) of responsibility, maintaining relationships with key partners in the development of their country area(s) of responsibility and supporting programmatic needs, including strategy, reporting, and monitoring;
- Serving as an expert in the resolution of problems that influence the development and maintenance of relationships with various agency stakeholders in government, private industry, and/or academic institutions; and
- Ensuring that program goals, objectives, and operations are realistic and in line with organizational goals and objectives.
50% or less - Travel to impoverished countries will be required, depending on the area of the vacancies
14 - Full performance level of these positions is the GS-14 grade level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562201700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.